1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tips for replacing cutting edges 810?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by canoebuildah, Jan 13, 2014.

1. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I am about to replace the cutting edges on my 2007 810 for the first time myself. In the past, I had my dealer do it but he retired two years ago. I plan on keeping the plow on the truck but using stand jacks underneath for safety. I have a 25" breaker bar and a 20" ratchet both for 1/2" sockets.

Any tips would be appreciated.
  2. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

Usually you need a air impact and a torch to get them loose. I doubt you will get them with a breaker bar but it doesnt hurt to try
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Spray them with a penetrating oil like WD-40 and let it work for say, 30 min. That should help break them free. If they still won't go, just heat them up good. Good luck.

EDIT: Didn't look at date you posted so I assume you did it already. How did it go?
  4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Run the wings out all the way but don't let them cup in. You should be able to see all the bolt heads. Also, leave the wing edges only finger tight until the plow is sitting on the ground ... then tighten them down.
  5. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I got lucky and all the bolts came out with just the breaker bar.

I should have replaced it before the last storm as I just barely started to rub on the actual plow.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Good work!
  7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Now weld some carbide winter edges to the wings!