1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tips for homeowners

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Nearbywork, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Nearbywork

Nearbywork Banned
    from Boston

Can anyone help me compile a list for resi-customers to prep'?
    e.g.

1. Move your cars people!
    2. If possible, and not done, mark the perimeter
    3. Tell the plower where to put the snow

... Anything else folks can help me with?

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Pay the plow person :jester:

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You should mark the property and you should ask them and have a line in your contract as to where it goes.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

what time they need to be out for work!

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

No extension cords on driveway!!!!...I pulled an eavestrough full of christmas lights down once.:blush2::realmad:

6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Not responsible for basketball hoops or garbage cans left in driveway. Move em or lose em.

7. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Have fresh made oatmeal raisin cookies on the windowsill when I get there, along with a small glass of milk to wash it down...

Thumbs Up

8. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

To place the case of beer they pay me with in the snow so it will be cold by the time I get there. I hate drinking wrm beer

9. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Extension cords I like that I will remember that. Never thought of them before.

10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have never plowed up an extension cord but, my Dad has a hard time remembering to pull the pipe out of the side of the house that goes to the sump pump. :realmad: I have hit that a few times it doesn't do any damage to the house or pump but it put a few holes in the pipe.

12. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

:drinkup: and leave the transhcan nearby to throw the empty cans out of the truck. I hate my truck being cluttered up

13. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

we wont come back after the plows come by (again).

14. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Try to be a little understanding and realize that you are not our only customer, and that we want to make you happy with our service. When it starts snowing at 4 am your drive may not be done by 7 sorry.

15. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

When I was green I did a one time drive with over a foot of snow...Had an extension cord running across the drive out to a water pump of some kind out in the yard that I snagged. Damn thing looked like a Tremor coming out at me through the snow, I about **** my pants.

16. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Or a garden hose! I once had a firehouse run a garden hose across the road to a drain. I come along to plow and BAM I ripped the hose right off the hookup. I had no idea it happened until I came back around for my second pass and all the firefighters were standing outside looking things over and they flagged me down to tell me. When the hose got ripped off the hookup, which was inside the station, it made such a racket that it scared the sh*t out of them! :eek: :laughing:

17. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Thumbs Up words to live by.

I want to leave this planet the way I entered it, being held upside down naked and spanked by a nurse.