1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tips for DIY fisher install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kman67rsss, Nov 7, 2013.

1. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

planning on installing a 8ft mm2 on my 2010 gmc 2500 duramax. any tips/hints for a first time installer? looks pretty straight forward, only real concern is control wiring into the cab but haven't looked for existing holes yet. thanks

2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

A case of beer and patience :D but other then that its pretty much straight forward.

3. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

don't forget to put fuses on EVERYTHING. I made that mistake when hooking up my Meyers last year. One of the wires supplying power to the control pad got shorted out on something metal up in the dash and set it self on fire during the install. I got lucky I didn't burn down my truck AND the shop. When I did that, I yanked everything out and started over, took my time, made everything real neat & clean and fused every power supply individually. I was pissed cause I knew better but had some form of a brain fart the first time. I have an aux battery installed in that truck so that one little 12ga wire was drawing close to 1300 amps.

Not sure how the Fisher's headlights work, but Meyers uses those change over modules. I ran those to a toggle switch to switch between the truck and plow lights. I ran that straight to the battery instead of off something that's only ON when the key is on. So if I forget to turn that switch off, those modules stay ON when the truck is parked and after 2 days it'll drain both batteries. One of these days I might get around to fixing that.....maybe, probably not, lol