1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tip on putting top cap back on E60

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Okay my Meyer gurus, I am in the process of rebuilding my E60 and need to know how to put the top cap back on with out busting the stud holders on the inside. I have heard many a story of this happening. I am so afraid to torque on stuff since it is mostly aluminum and dont want to bust it. Thanks in advance, Tom:waving:
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

not much to it really. I tap the cap down over the studs , put the nylite washers on and torque the nuts to 150 inch pounds.
    If you are replacing the cap due to having the cap blow apart DEFINEATLY check the stud holes in and around the base as it usually busts the base around the back stud hole
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

LON's pretty much got you covered but one little tip I'd like to add is BEFORE you slide the top cap down over the ram, make sure there isn't any burrs or rough edges around the top bolt hole in the ram. If it's rough/burred and you slide the cap down over it, it'll tear up the wiper seal and nylon guide ring in the cap.