1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tip Of The Day re: plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JeffNY, Jan 29, 2007.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

When entering a parking lot or driveway, don't drop the blade before the curbing, there could be a tiny lip the plow catches, and you could come to a dead stop and bash your head on the ceiling.

*ouch*:dizzy:

2. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

thanks....thanks....thanks

3. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

been there done that...crap jamed my neck for two days....:dizzy:

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.:D Almost gave myself whiplash once. Plus not to mention, it aint that good for your rig

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Luckily I was going less than 5mph, can't imagine if I was going any faster, seatbelt may have helped, but I just can't wear it when im plowing, I do too much turning around and moving around.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

been there done that, broke my plow doing that last year.

7. RICHIE K

RICHIE K Member
    from NJ

Done that a few times :eek: :sleeping: :sleeping:

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

will keep a note of that thanks

9. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

another tip is look out for those handicap ramps that lead to a sidewalk i found one this last storm and some how it broke 2 trip springs almost put me out for the night but grandscapes came to the rescue and had a couple in stock had me going in less than an hour.