1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tip: Mappoint 2009 will generate the quickest route

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by MeeksCo, Sep 29, 2009.

1. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

I have been using Mappoint's 2009 'Trial Version' for the last couple of years.
    I use it when I have about three or four errands to run in a day or if I am plowing a list of properties supplied to me by a management company.

It's great. It takes a minute or two to get used to, but after picking up the basics, the program will really help you out with the most efficient and quickest route.

You can input in a starting address or a couple of starting stops, an ending address or a couple of them, and even move the addresses around in the middle if you know if you have to be at one by a certain time.

http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/en-us/Trial.aspx

Click on the 'Browser' word underneath 'Online Trial Version'

Unfortunately, since it's an online trial, it will not let you save this route to your computer. Once you exit the program, you must input all of the addresses again.
    It's not worth it for me to purchase the program since I dont use it as much to make it worth it.

After it generates your addresses, you can write them down, or then go to google.com/maps and type them into google's 'Get Directions' and google will let you print out the maps.

I simply write them down on paper, then type them into my nav in the truck.

Hope some people can benefit from this program. I certaintly have.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

You must click on the little car on the top when the page is opened.
    A box will open on the right.
    In the search box: It's easier/faster to type in the address this way: 123 main 12345 (#, Name, Zip) rather then 123 Main St, City, State 12345.
    After you have all of the address in and have selected optimize stops, you can then move the starting address and ending address around and then click on 'Get directions'. It will literally show you the route from your home back to home.

3. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Any price?

4. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

$299.95 for the program.
    That's too much for me.
    Everytime I log onto the trial version, I simply put a bogus name and company and i'm in!