1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tip- make your own portable bed mounted flood light

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dustball, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Quick, easy and cheap if you already have the parts.

Use one flood light such as this-

[​IMG]

Replace the flood light mounting bolt with a longer one so it can replace the eye bolt in a stake pocket anchor such as this-
    [​IMG]

Wire the light up to an auto 12v plug, I bought a nice switched one from Radio Shack. It comes with a 10 foot cord and an LED indicator when it's switched on.
    [​IMG]

I already had everything except the switched 12v plug. I could've used a standard 12v plug that I had laying around so it would've cost me nothing but I splurged on the switched one.

Now I have a flood light that I can move to either side of my truck and aim it wherever I want. It's nice to have a flood light on the side so I could pull up next to the property on the street (I do residental) and have light projected to where I'm working. There's no need to compress the stake pocket anchor much, just snug enough to be able to pull out by hand with some resistance.

Dustin

2. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

good idea... always need more lighting..

3. jawsjaws

jawsjaws Junior Member

How about plugging into your trailer plug so it goes on when in reverse?

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I may attempt that sometime, I wouldn't use it much but it would be a bad idea

5. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

I will have to do that. Cool idea. Like the fact that it can go to truck to truck, with out tools, and having to wire up every truck for a light. Very cool idea. :drinkup::cool: