1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tip for fixing a lift chain

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jay brown, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

just thought of this tonight while i was fixing a broken lift chain....when you replace your chain, leave it about 24" longer than you need and put a chain hook on the loose end. next time your chain breaks you can attach the hook to the broken end and reattach the chain to the lift arm.....just a quick "in the field fix" i thought of....everyone else is probably already doing it and i'm the last to know lol.....jay

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Yep. That, or carry a bolt and nut to go through it...That way, unlike a hook, it won't come undone when you drop the plow a few times. This will keep you plowing. :)

3. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

I found out the hard way-but now I carry spare chain,bolts,nuts, come-a-long and the ever reliable pain in the ass handy-man jack