1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tinker927, Nov 10, 2013.

1. tinker927

tinker927 Junior Member

I live in central Ks is there a need for contracts and what does a contract do to help me and my business. We have limited snow storms here were I live. I have a ballpark figure of 50.00 an hour for plowing a local Pizza hut after it snows 3 to 6 " of snow. How much should I figure in for salting if the customer wants this option.
  2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

If you don't understand the need for contracts then this is not the business for you.

Secondly learn to search.

Third, stop using your username as the thread title, all your doing is hurting the website.
  3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

This sums it up pretty well Thumbs Up
  4. tinker927

tinker927 Junior Member

Maybe so but contracts are a big city thing were your buddies stab you in the back or undercut you. I've been plowing snow for a few years now without contracts just good honest people. But for something that wouldn't help you out in a court of law what is the reason for contracts. Maybe your right but maybe you live in a big community where you need contracts.
  5. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

You shake the managers hand and it's a done deal.

Come the first snow storm or days after that storm, someone slips and falls and decides to sue.

You take the full hit because you have no contract in place.

A contract spells out exactly what you do and what you do not.

A contract spells out when you come to plow and how many times based on snow fall amounts.

If a business wants salting only if needed, then you need to spell that out in your contract.

What about non-storm days are you still responsible for refreeze or slipperly conditions?

That is what a good contract spells out.

So 3 days after a storm, if someone slips and falls your not responsible for it.

CYA when doing commercial contracts.

Too many people think someone plowing snow is a money machine in a lawsuit these days.