1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timmytim

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by timmytim, Feb 13, 2016.

1. timmytim

timmytim Junior Member

new to the game. I have a 2010 Silverado ext cab and just put on a plow. it sits pretty low any suggestions on raising the front end. I was told better springs and lift kit or add timbrens. any thoughts. thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Chevy what?
    What plow?
    Need those answers first.

3. timmytim

timmytim Junior Member

its a 2010silveado ext cab wt4x4 model k10753. 265-70-17 tire size. the plow is a blizzard 7600LT

4. dieselss

So it's a half ton?

Have you added ballast yet?

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Torsion bars up front? Give them a few turns. Half ton Chevy's sit a little low.

6. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Clearly he is new to forums as well.......................awesome thread title......................................:mad::cry:

7. timmytim

timmytim Junior Member

yes half ton thanks for the input.....and yes kmstr just started today

8. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Are you doing for for your own home, or are you doing this for profit? Do a search on here for half ton trucks. You'll get more info than you can imagine. With weight in the back it will help level it out. Timbrens will help along with a leveling kit to keep your front end higher. With that plow, I don't think you will need new shocks. I'm sure others will give you more help, give as much info as possible in your next post. Welcome to plowsite:waving:

9. timmytim

timmytim Junior Member

jmh thanks for the info. I have a small lawn service and came across this gr eat deal on the plow I couldn't pass up. a little late in the season to get accounts for plowing but right now im doing 6 driveways. I hope to get more next season. im just trying to get as much info as I can now to avoid big problems next season. not much snow in ne ohio till 3 days ago. I bottom out at the end of a couple of drives now so I need to do something. right now there is a 5 inch clearance from the bottom of the bracket,clearly not enough. im thinking a 2 inch lift kit any more comments is greatly appreciated

10. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

As said before, Timbrens, and torsion bars will give you the greatest improvement.

11. dieselss

Only 5 inches. This doesn't seem right at all

12. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

7600 lt is only 465lbs. should not squat the front end that much. Torsion bars, lift kit timbrens and ballast.. The recommended ballast for the the LT7600 for that setup is 980lbs.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  13. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

As per the Blizzard website, that Plow is too much for that truck also.

14. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

He has W/T. not sure why but different from the standard 1500....

15. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

2010's don't have Torsion bars.