1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dany, Apr 4, 2004.

1. dany

dany Member

Hey guys
    I just finished swaping a rebuilt 351w into a 89 f-350. Now that I have it in there iam having trouble timing it. I thought I had it but I cant seem to figure it out. Could someone please explain it from beginning to end. From getting the distriputor in there, to fine tuning it and finnaly locating the correct top dead center. Another is, theres a fitting for a hose that comes out of the back of the intake manifold. If you were lookin at the motor its right against the fire wall. Its on the top half that says electonic fuel injection. were is this supposed to be connected to. Any help is greatly apprecitated.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I will look at mine in the daylight and get back to you. I have an 89 F-250 same motor same problem in the past. Got the "book"? The Haynes single model books that autozone carries have the procedure or go to the library and copy the manual pages that cover it.