1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timing on 86 dodge ram snow commander

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by littledebbie, Nov 19, 2004.

1. littledebbie

littledebbie Junior Member

Does anyone have any advice regarding the correct timing settings required to time the 86 360 powered snow commander I have with a timing light?
    :confused: :confused: :confused:
  2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Check underside of the hood for the Emissions control label. Setting and procedure should be on there. My 85 Prospector dual pickup distributor, 360, 4bl is 16 degrees btdc.
  3. Bigfury

Bigfury Junior Member

First disconnect & plug the vaccum advance from the distributor.Borrow a funkie bent up wrench,that fits the hold down bolt(make the job much easier).Then just double check before putting evey thing away.Myself I perfer adjusting it on the road.Keep bumping it up until it pings under a load than back it of a bit.The actual timimg you can run is relative to the quality of gas you use.Anyhow good luck,have a great day.
  4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Actually pretty good advice on "power tunning" the timing on older engines.
  5. littledebbie

littledebbie Junior Member

timing completed

thanks for the advice on "power timing my 4 barrel 360" this old truck is ready to rock now. let it snow ;) :yow!: