1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time ?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Rob, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Is it me... or is the time off about 20 minutes on the server ?

2. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

ive wondered that myself, according to my clock it is 17 minutes off- slow that is.

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I notice the same thing here too... seems to be about 15 minutes slow.

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I have brought this up to the moderators before. I looked into it including checking multiple "official" times including Greenwich mean time. I will bring it to their attention again and see if we can adjust it.

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

The same problem at lawnsite. Seems like the clock is kept on the server. Beyond the administrators control?

6. administrator

administrator Guest

Yes, beyond my control but not beyone Pierres.

I will email him.

Chuck

7. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

I unfortunately cannot fix it myself... If I could have, it would have been fixed a while ago as I'm addicted to precise time, with maximum 3 seconds difference on my watch (permits to really know wheter you're "on time" or not).

I just asked, as I planned to do (but am very occupied), Jonathan at vBulletinHosting to set it up correctly and make it so it automatically checks the time with an atomic clock every night to keep it accurate. He just reset the machines to current time and told me he'd pass my other demand to his system admins.

Happy New Year!

Pierre-Luc

Note: to make sure you have the accurate time, check www.time.gov

8. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

I am confused, I just posted a reply in another thread and it reads something like 5 hours ahead. This reply is taking place at 12:25 EST, USA. To be 5 hours ahead would put the server in the UK. Is this the case? Please shed some light on this for me.

Tony

9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

You need to go to your profile (click above) and correct your time zone setting.

10. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

thanks for the info lawnguy.

Tony