1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time VS Equipment

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Oleycow, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Oleycow

Oleycow Junior Member

I have plowed the same lot now for 10 years with an 8' straight blade on a chevy 4spd extended long box 3/4 ton truck. (very wide turning radius) This lot took me about anywhere from 2.5hrs to 5hrs depending on inches. This year I will have a 9'2" V on a chevy reg cab long box 1 ton with an auto. Anybody have any idea what I can expect for time with new equipment?
  2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Id think you could save half hour or the small amounts maybe a hour on the larger amounts
  3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

The v-alone will save you at least 20%-30% but... because your new with this plow, it would be about 20%; Superior is correct! not knowing the actual layout of the lot, the truck will help out now that the wheelbase is shorter as well good luck!
  4. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

If its an open lots add wings to your plow and you'll die with how quickly you'll get it done. I would think you'll save about 20-40 min depending on plowing style.
  5. Oleycow

Oleycow Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for at least 20%.