1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by allstarlawncare, Jan 14, 2011.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

This was my first year that I have been plowing and I have 40 driveways to plow by myself. I use a ford f150 that I had just purchased a year ago. Is it time already to upgrade to a bigger truck and plow? Next winter I know for a fact I could have atleast 10 more drives and possibly a parking lot or 2. Is it worth the money to upgrade to a new truck after only buying mine a year ago? it was bought used and its a 2007 with only 40,000 miles.

Thanks in advance for the input
  2. If you are doing only driveways you may wanna consider a smaller more manuverable vehicle like a jeep or similar smaller SUV with like a 6.5 blade. More efficient though would be getting a rear pull plow for your current vehicle. This are extremely efficient on smaller drives and a huge time saver. Do a search on here regarding pull plows.
  3. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Agree with the pull plow but I would get a 3/4 ton regular cab or an extended cab with a 6' bed. Keep the truck as short as possible.

Watch to see v plow and a Daniels pull plow: