1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time to start bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Rbronkema psfd, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

Hey everybody, I was just wondering when everybody starts bidding for accounts. I am looking at 3 possible 4 small parking lots and I was wondering when would be a good time to put a bid in on it? I was thinking next month sometime. They would each take about an hour to clean up. Those plus my other accounts would be my own. Also I am a subcontractor for the landscape bussiness I work for and I was wondering what would be a good hourly rate to charge my boss for running my truck. Last year I got 30 bucks an hour, this year I was thinking like 50 bucks plus my regular hourly rate for sitting in the cab. so it would work out to be around 65 bucks an hour? to little to much? I think my time is well worth that. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Early bird gets the worm. Why wait till next month and take the chance someone else got there before you? If you know what you're wanting, go talk to the owner/manager. As far as how much you should get, that's a local issue. Someone from around there would be mroe able to help you with that.
  3. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

Thanks Mick. I was just going by how much gas is here and how much I think that my time is worth. I'll figure it out though, Thanks again.
  4. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Get to the Get!!!!

Hey Ryan,
    The start of September is when my plow boss heads out. I do some contracts on my own just to make sure my Ins. is covered. I mainly push as a subcontractor.