1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time to get things ready. (%$#$ that trailer is heavy)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Elite Property Services, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Loaded up and unloaded at the shop.

pics.jpg

plow pic.jpg

2. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

looks good all brand new?
    Why didnt u just put the plow on (one of them) on the truck?
    prob would have leveled it out!

3. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

it's just a little front heavy on the trailer...that's nothing. that truck can handle triple that anyway.

4. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Damnnn are the front tires off the ground?

5. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

that's what.. 3K lbs + the trailer .. say 5-6K? is that all fords are good for (haha jk)

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

my chevy would handle that no problem. Fords have always had soft rear ends.

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

You know seeing that going down the road, really does piss me off. Nothing against you but it's dangerous and just doesn't make sense to do, Beef up the back end, extra trip. etc... I see it too often around here, when we take the time/expense to setup equipment right to handle the loads they need to, everything thats required by the laws here for safety and such. Yet I had to drive next to someone doing the samething... It annoyed the hell out of me, and seeing this gave me a place to vent... Don't mean to be an ass or anything to you..

8. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

it shouldn't squat that much -it should look more like this. I know the trailer is empty, but the truck doesn't squat much at all -(air springs make a big difference!!)wesport

truck and trailer small.jpg

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thats not tongue weight................this is :)

PS.....no bags here :)

IMG00722.jpg

IMG00721.jpg

10. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

In all fairness that truck has what 750 rear leafs? lol

11. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

F-250s sit all the time no matter if theres a load or not, the ass end has to drop 5 inches before you hit the overload and they come level from the factory.

12. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

was there a motor in it ?:p

13. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

im calling bs, what kind of springs did you stick under there?

14. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

thats funny b/c when i went to the dealerships looking for a new truck, you can press on the back bumper of a chevy and make it bounce, the fords would barely budge! no hating, we own both chevy's and fords...

15. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I've used and loaded all of the big 3 and wasn't overly impressed with one over another.

16. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Whats so heavy on the front end of that trailer ?
    Not trying to be a jerk but I think you need to work on your trailer loader its dangerous to go down the road with that little weight on the steer tires

17. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

thats why each of our trucks has firestone 5K air bags, ford or chevy.

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol

I'm not sure, but it's a heafty spring pack. I assume they're 450 or 550 springs ;)

19. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

but if it was stock then it would drop like geese poop coming out of the sky lol

20. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Dang I think you order truck without hd leaf spring. Until it trailer that are incorrect balance weight.

My 01 F250 2wd don't look like that when I load 4K lb it just stop when touch overload leaf spring.