1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time guidelines

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RAT, Aug 29, 2003.

1. RAT

RAT Junior Member

After spending many days and hour searching for an answer I have decided to ask!

I want to place a bid on a large parking lots for a super store, but dont have any experiance bidding them? or plowing them for that matter! I have been plowing residential drive ways for a min. fee. I guess what I want to know is how large of an area can one truck plow/hr?

My equipment consists of an F350 with 8 ft Western
    a 99f350 with a blizzard 810 (trying to neg. price on new plow now)
    75xt Skid loader
    also have a sub that has an 8 ft blade and salt speader.

Any input would be helpfull!

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

It is almost impossible to say how large of an area one can clear per. hr. not knowing details.
    Long straight runs vs. small short ones.
    where will you be plowing the snow to?
    The amount and type of snow will constantly change as well. A rough figure may be possible tho.

It's pretty much the same as asking how long will it take to get from point A to B w/o knowing where point A & B are.
    A to B may be a level sidewalk a block long. or walking 5 blocks in NYC, or attempting to climb the last 1000 ft of MT. Everest in only your bathing suit.

BTW: Welcome to PlowSite. Sorry if I seem a bit harsh.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

The average truck and driver can clear an acre an hour,or about 43,000 square feet.Any curbs,islands,obstacles,etc will only add to that time.At least it will give you a ballpark idea.

Welcome to Plowsite :waving:
  4. RAT

RAT Junior Member

Thanks for the help!
  5. kmicki

kmicki Junior Member

1996 jimmy 4x4

hello I just bought a 1996 Jimmy 4x4 and was wondering is it ok to put a sno-way ST 80 blade on this mid size 4x4.
    and what would you recommend for how many hours to snow with the Jimmy and this blade? Brand new to this business have no clue. thanks
  6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to Plowsite

Your Jimmy will handle the Snoway just fine.A set of Timbren load boosters will help the truck carry the extra weight of the plow.

Do a search on Timbrens,and on the Snoway,they have been discussed a lot around here.