1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time for something new

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hammerstein, Oct 4, 2013.

1. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Had enough of the old 07 GMC and time for some new trucks anyway. It was a good truck but something was breaking or leaking or a new dent was added every month. Stripped it of its plow, spreader and back rack and traded it in for a new Chevy. Put 1700 miles on it with a trip to Quebec in its first 2 weeks. Next to replace is the other GMC pick with a new one.

dt.jpg

cm.jpg

atn.jpg

2. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Truck looks nice, are those upgraded rims? Look like 18" or 19" Why the change of color?

3. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^ Factory 20,s. Congrats!

4. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

wow that is a nice looking rig!!! and one heck of an upgrade those factory wheels look awsome on these new chevys!

5. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice lookin' fleet! Get some step rails on the new one to hide that DEF tank.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

i would remove it.

7. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

That might work too. I heard EFIlive is finally working on tuning the LML's, so that could work.:gunsfiring:

8. hammerstein

Could not find a 2013 white one, had to go darker. Gets washed 2x a week now.

Picked up the plow mount the other day, hopefully get it put on the next few weeks.

9. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

Id go with a MINI Maxx from PPEI. They use MCC which is H&S performances version of EFI live. But you get a screen and multiple tunes. EFI on the LML's is a one time deal. My LML is a monster with everything ive done to it. Are you looking for a plow for it? Ive got a 2012 MVP 8.6' poly for sale.

10. hammerstein

What kind of mileage are getting with that tune?

It is getting a plow, which I took off of the one I traded in. It is an 8' pro plus, just bought a new mount and the wiring harness is the same.

11. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

**** i get great fuel economy. Id say +4 mpg overall. The higher the tuning the better the fuel economy. Just have to lay off the go fast pedal.

12. hammerstein

Kept my old plow from the truck I traded in and put it on about a month ago. Also got the decals put on.

photo 1 (3).jpg

install.jpg

13. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I can't believe no one noticed this...you went from Ohio..to Quebec...to get a truck.

14. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

He took a trip there, he didn't buy a truck there.

15. hammerstein

Bought truck at home and have a cabin in Quebec. I got sticker shock on a 20 pack of beer. Couldn't imagine what that truck would be up there. Although diesel was cheaper than gas.

16. hammerstein

Got my 06 cleaned up and traded it in. Truck has about 22,000 miles on it but was getting up there in age. Still a lot of life left in it, just for someone else though.

photo 1 (4).jpg

17. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

Good looking trucks! Your new one is SWEET!

18. hammerstein

This is the replacement for the 2006. A 13 Chevy with bad taste in plows. Had that removed and put a 8' pro plus on it. Just need to get a Snowex SP8500 for the back of it.

photo 3 (2).jpg

photo 2 (4).jpg

19. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

pat o brian must be givin them away,