1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time For Shocks

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 67Mopar, Oct 3, 2013.

1. 67Mopar

67Mopar Junior Member

Anyone wanna chime in on the good the bad and the ugly as I get ready to put new front shock absorbers in my 2001 GMC 2500 sierra.

Id really like to hear your advice on a good shock. thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea. The best cheapest ones

3. 67Mopar

67Mopar Junior Member

Really, dont matter huh?

4. dieselss

Well look at it this way everyone is guuna input there own opinions about this that and the other. If u need shocks then you won't notice a pair if Ranchos, kyb, skyjacker, bilstiens, etc. So the best cheapest ones is the best answer

5. dieselss

Just so happened to look around this morning....4 wheelin parts .com has a shock sale. Just FYI

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I just went through this and looking back over the years I had always went after the toughest looking thing I could find. In the end they all had an issue probably made wore by plowing.

What I have now found is that if the cheapest is 25 and the most expensive at the store is 80 then I shop around 45 dollar range. I get a few quality years and done.

If you do not have timbrens on the front - spend the money. If you have a ton of money to poop out ... then get a dual shock tower installed.