1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time for pushin'

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by inferno13xx, Oct 19, 2011.

1. inferno13xx

inferno13xx Junior Member

gearing up for the season fingers crossed!!!!!

2. warrior88

warrior88 Member

Looking good! What is the purpose of the sides on the plow?
  3. inferno13xx

just containment strictly for long pushes, like at our Walmarts or BJ's.
  4. warrior88

warrior88 Member

OK! I see now. Thanks, and please forgive the dumb questions. I am lost in this stuff. But the only dumb question is the one that dont get asked.
  5. Cam.at.Heritage

Cam.at.Heritage Junior Member

OK, two questions....

1. what size pusher is that? 10'?
    2. Are those the standard tracks for the bobcat? Do you plan on plowing with those? I ask because we have a T650 and will be plowing with it if we get this contract but where wondering about the tracks....dealer says we should get their snow tracks but I think he might just be trying to make some extra money off us. (We are looking at the 8' Kage system for it, would maybe like to go larger)

oh and set up looks good, bet your excited to rub the paint of that one....haha
  6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Dedicated snow tracks/tires are well worth the $. A T650 w/dedicated snow tracks could easily handle a 10ft pusher.
  7. inferno13xx

i havent had any issues but of course it would probably depend greatly on the amount of snow your pushing, i use standard tracks but normally im only pushing 6 inch snows, it is a 10' push box.
  8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I second that. I watched a friend of mine TRY to plow snow with the standard tracks on his New Holland that are basically the same pattern and he did nothing but spin. Another friend of mine has a CAT 257? track machine with a snow tread and it was pretty much unstoppable.