1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time for new plugs

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by srl28, Nov 25, 2012.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

One of my Boss straight blades (3 years old now) wasnt working this past storm. Plugged it in and couldnt get the plow to raise and hitch up. Wiggled it, sprayed some some cleaner in the plugs to get any corrosion off and brushed the pins with a wire brush. Got it hooked up and a few minutes later after moving it around the yard I was able to drop the plow but couldnt move anything else. Long story short I put a bungee cord from the plug to the underside of the bumper of the truck and it held the plug in the truckside enough and in just the right spot that all functions worked. So I think its time to just be safe and replace both the plow and truckside plugs, somethings just a little loose or has been dis-lodged and its not making the right connection.

The plow and truckside plugs are on ebay and parts warehouses for about $50.00 each side. My question is how hard is it to get in there and replace them ourselves? Worth having the dealer replace them. And does anyone have a good source for boss plow parts at a good price online?

2. Put an Anderson plug on it and never have to worry again.

3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

^^?? Not sure I follow.

4. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Easy as 1 2 3. I just did a full plowside harness and it was relatively easy...which means simple for anyone with ability. Besides, the Boss tech line guys are there to walk you through any trouble!

5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

He's talking about the 11 or 13 pin harness NOT the power cables.

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I did the plow side harness 2 years ago.If you pay attention to detail and know how to either crimp and/or solder,it's fairly easy.

7. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I did a full harness-13 pin, not just the replacement end- 1 hour tops, plug and play. Diagram is inside the cover on the pump, no crimping, no soldering. Hardest part is taking the lights apart to do the changeover. If I can do it, anyone can.

8. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Yea talking about the pin plugs not the power plug, luckily never had a problem with that one.

Ok so I'll have to check but I think I remember seeing that the wires on the plowside one all have male/female connectors on them which should make things easy. Truckside I'm not sure about.

9. Yea you can get the small anderson plug for any size. It is work to do it but they never fall out.