1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time estimates for plowing this lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jasonz, Nov 24, 2013.

1. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

So I was offered this property for a flat rate for 2"-6" and then an another rate per inch above 6" Before I give that pricing I'd like to see what everyone thinks it will take time wise to plow 6".

Equipment will be on site the entire time and will consist of
    f350-8' straight blade
    f550-9' straight blade
    f750-10' straight blade
    1-928 loader with a 14' pusher
    and there is another loader assigned there but it may have to help out down the road at another site.

It came out to about 18 acres of asphalt counting some of the space the trailers are occupying, this place runs 24/7 so there will always be a fair amount of spaces occupied by cars and trailers.
    They also plan of pre treating the site so that should help some.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

With everything pushing at least 4 hrs
  3. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

cool cause I figured worse case where I can still come out ahead was 6.5-7 hours up to 6" and then another hour per inch after that. So I wasn't too far off.
  4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

3 trucks and 2 loaders...5 hours..only because you have to carry a lot of it away to pile it...and the amount of obstacles requiring a slow careful push..
    Also, 8, 9, and 10 foot straight blades are less than ideal..
  5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with straight blades being less than ideal. Maybe install a set of wings on the 8' and 9' blades
  6. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I would say 5 hours. Get some wings on them straight blades
  7. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

yeah I know straight blades aren't the best but thats what I have to work with. I will look to see if I can pick up a set or two of used wings for the right price.
  8. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

that's all we ask. :) lol good luck with it :)
  9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

You will be there way to long

I wouldn't look for used set buy new be done with it.
  10. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

first time is going to take the longest, I would say 6 hours with that equipment. you will need 2 loaders there. Friend does a site of 22 acres with 3 trucks, 2 loaders, 1 backhoe. and it take 4.5 hours for 6" and he has been doing it for 3 years.

there are some long pushes there, do they had a plan on where the tractor trailers have to be parked for a storm?
  11. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

what wings should I get?
  12. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

13. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

14. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

Might be easier then to get wings and modify mounting/ brakets to make them work with your plows rather than starting from scratch.
    Crap, now i sound like Bird
  15. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

What brand are your plows any of them has trip edge
  16. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

my tens are western heavyweights

my 9's are just unimount pro plows i think

and my 8 and 8.5 are ultra mount pro plows
  17. fendt716

fendt716 Member
    from nw nj

how are they handling cleaning car and truck lot spaces since they our 24/7? we plow a smaller site 6.5 hrs to plow and 6 hrs. to clear spaces but has taken up to 11 hrs. to clear spaces. spaces eat up alot of time because yard guy to busy to stay with you or their loading trucks so they can not move it for another hr. spaces we bill at t/m.
  18. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

Plow around the cars best as we can and they will try and have people park in a certain area if they expect snow.

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

You will be fine if you get up to 6 inches of snow with the equipment you have and depending on your drivers it will take between 4-6 hours like most have said. If I were doing it I probably would have 2 loaders/backhoes with pushers minimum for this size lot with at least 2 trucks. Being open 24/7 may help you because they will always want you there so the snow won’t accumulate. Good luck with it.
  20. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Don't forget that all those trailers have to dump their snow somewhere before dispatch. They represent a considerable amount of that acreage.