1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time Clock

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by beanz27, Feb 2, 2015.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

So I'm going to buy a timeclock, previously I've just used a small card with day of the week on it, and had employees fill it out daily. Never had an issue in the last few years.

Now recently I've got one employee that isn't keeping the same as others, I've talked to him, and I think it's straightened out, but I'd prefer to not give them the chance of dishonesty again, that and this will make them show up on time I think.

Anyways, looking and I'm amazed at the prices of timeclocks, I always thought it was maybe $100 for one, even the most basic seems to be $300.

Anyone have a decent clock they prefer? I'm not afraid of spending the money, but if I am, I want a good one. Hell anyone have a used one they want gone, I may just go that route.
  2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I would not use a time clock. Use a cheap computer with time clock software. This will total up your employee times for payroll.
  3. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Thought about doing it that way too, but I used to work at a dairy farm that had a time clock that would total your hours for the day, and week total to date. I'd like to get one of those. Or even a basic time clock. Less things for them to break. I don't know how they'd do it, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

And the computer, well lets just say one guys version of "fixing" technology is smack it till it works lol.
  4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

We have an iPad that everyone clocks in and out with. We use TimeStation. Each employee has a PIN and a QR code card. Works great.

Tried the computer route, but a couple of our monkeys managed to spill coffee and pop on it and it zapped it. iPad in a Lifeproof case fixes that problem.
  5. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

This is exactly what we have at my part time job. Think it's called "wheniwork.com". Works well and can call in from home through it as well as request time off in future. Can even have employees put app on phone to do it and it will track where they are when they clock in if they prefer to do it that way. Not sure what it goes for money wise but I like it from an employee stand point
  6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

TimeStation I think has something similar to the clocking in and out on your own Apple devices and mapping where they're at, but we're not using that part. I'd consider it if we started running snow subs again for sure though.

We pay I think 19.95 a month for up to 50? employees. It's free up to 20.