1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Time and method would you use?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by vegaman04, Aug 27, 2008.

1. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

I work part time at a bowling alley, we got a different contractor last year because the landscape company would show up about 12 hrs late and the trucks always broke down. One of our bowlers is now having one of his buddies perform the work. 1 guy, one hell of a beat up F-250 with no cutting edge and no exhaust! My question is how would you do it? Time frame and location of piles?

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The way it sounds the owner could care less about who plows. Next year it will be a guy with a shovel.

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Whats next? You going to tell us the guy does not plow on thursday night because thats 25 cent beer and bowling games:rolleyes:? I would clear around the building first, then push everything away to the outer edge. Time frame? Thats a long run for a pick-up truck in a deep snow, i would say atleast 3 hours with one truck!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  4. gkm

gkm Senior Member

I agree with tls you could break it up into four zones and keep pushing to the outter edges

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

if theres cars in that lot you wouldnt be able to plow anyway. some of the rows r only one way

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

You look like you have three entrances, a main parking pod and a flow through lane that goes across the front of the building.

No cutting edge ??? What is hitting the ground, cardboard or the plow frame :dizzy:

What about salt? Where are you allowed to stack the snow? probably not on the sidewalk's. You've got one heck of a problem. One truck, very long pushes, open for business ...... and I'm guessing the owner is less than good with paying.

Time .... with decent truck and operator, no traffic and minimal cars while making several piles and only a 2-4" snow.... 2-3hrs. To be real I'd say two trucks.

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

if snows any decent amount you guys are screwed.... a beat up f250 will do a crappy job in 3 hours...imagine in a 14" storm your lot will be covered for 3 days....

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

how much is the owner willing to pay for snow removal and does he care if his lots is a moguls track...?,... he should be scared bout someone busting there ass...he gets what he pays for tho:rolleyes:

9. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

its just going to depend on were cars are parked at the time.. it could change all the time

i would think about a bobcat with a pusher on this for clean up , otherwise, as you posted the pic.. start at the top , and plow down... i see no cars towards the lower half of that lot.. angle the blade towads the street.. day time snows, you will just have to make passes down each isle way.. maybe develope a system for plowing in a circle , wewre the cars are, plow from left (as veiwed form the screen) to right, ... then make a cicle to the right , skip a few lanes... on the pass comming back towars the building , stop and rase the plow up leaving the snow in the main drag .. for a few mins... after you complete 1 or 2 isles, then clean up the main drag