1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by E&M, Nov 17, 2009.

1. E&M

E&M Junior Member

does any one have a pair of extra front timbrens for sale?? its for my 03' GMC 2500hd sierra.

2. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

I have a set for a 1994 jeep wrangler. Won't fit your application but if anyone else needs a set, send me a message.

3. skippy867

skippy867 Member

i am in the same boat as you E&M. i need some for my '03 chevy 2500hd. i cant beleive what they want for a set!

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

There worth every penny in my book.

5. Blaine4450

Blaine4450 Member

Same boat here need a set for my 2500HD too!

6. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Will the 1500's work on them 2500's??? I have a set that I was going to put on but am now selling the truck.

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Check them out here...

http://www.truckspring.com/timbren-front-kits_754.html

That's where I always buy them. Fast delivery & free shipping. Get up off your wallets and just buy them, they're worth the money!

Part number for the HD2500's is GMFK25S. The ones from a 1500 will not work on the 2500.

8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

If you all are that worried about price with these things... Check out Buyers brand of "bump stop"... They go for $130 a pair. Just installed them on my buddies 3500 dually and when he lifts the 9' Fisher, it squats maybe a 1/2 inch if that... Seem to be pretty good.

9. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

Has them on an '04 F150, well worth it, sold truck with them on and new owner loves them...
    Now I own a F250 Powerstroke, but went with air bag this time..

Worth every penny for Timbrens, not a wast...

10. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Or you can try Sumos, a new product from super spring, american made and ALOT better ride. 169.99 shipped

11. Blaine4450

Blaine4450 Member

Chevkid03 do you know if your buddy got those online? If so would you be able to tell me the site. Thanks

12. builtupbowtie

builtupbowtie Junior Member
    from Oh

I am also looking for a set but trying to decide which would be the best. timbrens, air rides air cell, or these new sumos. I know they are pretty much the same design but I have no experience aith any of them. does either one ride better when the plow is not on the truck. I have heard some say the timbrens are quite stiff when unloaded.

13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Does anyone else run the Buyers brand bump stops? I can get htem for around 1/2 the cost of Timbrens- are they as good? I can't see throwing $200 at chunks of rubber and sheet metal, but for $100, maybe.

Buyers anyone?

14. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

I just put the Buyers truck stars bump stops on. They seem to be about the same as Timbrens to me. My local Fisher dealer sold them to me for $140.

I do not know of anything that would give the Timbrens brand an advantage over the Buyers. To me they both seem massively overpriced, so I chose the cheaper ones. A few chunks of rubber with bolts and washers....

15. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Jim- Do you sell the sumos? I need a REAR set for Chev '02 2500HD, let me know.

16. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Guys, the Buyers brand we bought were from a local spring shop... $130 something out the door, and that was including tax! They are damn near IDENTICAL to the Timbren's.

17. ShadmorePlowing

ShadmorePlowing Junior Member

18. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Those things look IDENTICAL to Timbrens. I wonder if they are, just private labled for Buyers.

19. Brad Ent

Brad Ent Junior Member
    from CT

Anyone running the Sumos??

20. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member