1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by skidooer, Oct 28, 2008.

1. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

I have a 01' 2500 quad cab cummins with a 8'2" boss v and it drops about 2 inches with the plow up will timberns help any just looking for some advice from real world users.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I would recommend them.
    They are really nice for when you are traveling between accounts.
    Remember to add ballast.

3. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Had them on the front and rear of my old truck, just actually got in the house from installing them on the front of my new truck. They worked wonders on my other truck, don't see why they won't on my new truck, and see no reason you wouldn't love them too!

4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

i have no hands on exp. but from what everyone on here says. yes it would be worth it.

5. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

I installed them on my 2003 Ram and the front used to drop around 2". It now drops 5/8" measured at the front fender. Well worth the money.

6. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Put them on my 05 last year. Hardly any drop now with plow lifted. I use to bottom out the adapter prior to the install, now not a problem. I bought them the link here on the site.
    Hope this helps.

7. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

thanks for all the input I think I will go with a pair

8. schuitb

schuitb Member

timbrens

I have a 03 reg. cab 2500 with plow prep.. Hemi engine.. I'm going from a 600 # plow to a 960# plow.... are the timbrens really going to help??? and how... ok the truck will sink lower but how does that wear out the steering and susp. componets??

Thanks..

9. cvalcik

cvalcik Junior Member

Are these hard to put on? Should I put them only on the front or do they need to be put on front to help from the weight of the plow or front and back?

10. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

front only and easy to put on [a must IMO] and don't forget ballast

11. cvalcik

cvalcik Junior Member

Had my Timbrens installed today. Wow, what a difference these thing make. Absolutely a must have!

12. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Definately worth having if you are running a plow. However, they do make the front end ride pretty hard when you don't have a load on it, but they are easily taken out during the summer months by just pulling them and then can be reinstalled the next winter.

13. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

I got them installed, and with a 750Lbs blade I drop 2 1/2 " can't imagine how low without them...
    But keep note.. 1/2 ton pick up with GFVW 3600 Curb front 3200... well over limit for now... guess time to invest in 3900 coil for it next.. But Timmies are well worth it

14. MaxPower1971

MaxPower1971 Member

Yup Timbren did the trick on my 94....and the rear kit does wonder if you're haulin heavy trailers as well....I Really recommend them with a plow..

15. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I just added them to the rear of my truck about a month ago. I usually keep a skid of salt and t he spreader full. Now with them on the back the sag is only about 2.5" vs. the 5-6 before and rides good, even without a load on it. Maybe because I have the CTD for weight in the front.

16. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

I was wondering about that as I tried the AirCell's on the rear for load support but hit a bump loaded or not and dang! you know they are there. I am guessing those are possibly the same product as Timbren's with just a different name.
    I am thinking the OEM snow plow spring might give a better ride unloaded.

17. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I have a 9.5' XV on my 03 2500 Hemi motor and the front end drops 1.5-2". I have aboiut 1000 lbs. in the back. I will probably get Timbrens next year. I don't do a lot of plowing/driving around with the plow on. It takes me about 3 hours to do all my drives so I don't consider them necessary. But I would put them on sooner if I did more plowing. Necessary.....maybe but a nice addition and should save some on the front end.

18. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Don't get me wrong. Yes they are noticeably there when driving around without the plow, but not to the point of being obnoxious. At least not on my truck with the Cummins up front.
    I don't recall exactly, but I think the fronts are rated for about 2000 lbs. I bought mine through BSAohio and recieved them the next day. Only took about 10 minutes to put them in the front. The rears are the exact same thing except mine came with brackets to install them where the bump stops were. Helped out a lot with the dump insert and 2 yds. of topsoil in the back.