1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 042500hd, Oct 19, 2008.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Let me preface this post by saying I have no mental deficiencies at all and while I'm not a mechanic I know my way around my tool box and turn wrench when I need to. It just took me almost 1.5hrs. to install Timbrens on my 07' 2500HD Classic. Passenger side took about 3 minutes. For the life of me I could not get the drivers side bolt to thread in. The Timbrens were about 30 seconds from getting a flying lesson. :gunsfiring:

On the plus side my truck used to squat about 1.5" with my Boss 8'2" VXT. Now with the Timbrens it moves about 1/2". If you're thinking of getting them they really do make a difference. I'll post later about ride quality. Also I only paid $160 for them locally.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I had something similar happen, but the other way around. the drivers side was a breeze, but had a bear of a time getting the pass side on. beer & tools with leverage always make things work out for me. :D Youre right though, they make a huge difference and are well worth the money & little bit of frustration.

3. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Do you have the name of the place where you bought them?

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Do they make them for the rear of the vehicle too. Check out one of my rides.......beast of a truck. Ext Cab with 8' Bed. I don't use it for those tight drives thats for sure. Anyway, the rear of the vehicle "Squats" a little. The first owner jacked the front end up with the torsion bars and something else. I forget what the dealer told me.

02gmc.jpg

02gmc1.jpg

5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Yes, they make Timbrens for the rear end. However, they're not intended to give any lift. The instruction manual says to leave a 1" gap between the bottom of the Timbren and the strike plate on the axle tube. It's right, because I was curious to see how it would perform with the 1" spacer and the Timbren 1/4" from the axle - talk about a rough ride.

I have them on both ends of my 2500HD and the back end doesn't squat much more than 1" with a skid of salt and the spreader on board.

Had to re-thread one of the bolts for the front end Timbrens because it wouldn't go in - glad to know I'm not the only one who had that problem.

6. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Bought them from General Welding in Elma,NY.

7. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

I don't live too far from Elma...how much were they?

8. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

$160 for the fronts.