1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Oct 7, 2008.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'm wondering- what exactly would timbrens do for my truck? How much are they for the front? Do they cut down on front end wear of just help with the squatting (which isn't too bad on my truck)?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I don't think they prolong any front end parts but it helps with the sag ALOT. I have a 750lb plow hanging off the front end of my 03 2500HD Extended cab and the truck barely budges. Ride isn't bad either. I picked mine up last year for about 120 bucks.

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Pretty much what he said. Helps keep the front from dropping with the plow on.

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

...Ditto. but they do cost a little more than $120. Mine were $155 2 years ago, but now they go for $195. i was shocked to see that price!

5. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

Has any one ever heard of SuperSprings. I think they are along the same line as Timbrens. They have them for the rear leaf spring and they also have front coils. The are made to prevent sag and help with sway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is some info from the web site, it even has a picture of a truck plowing.
    http://supersprings.com/sc_how.asp

6. 06HD BOSS

Those supersprings seem to have a lot of work involved in installing them. you have to take apart basically the whole front end to install. whats the cost?

7. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

The front. Yes you do need to take it all apart, but we get more orders for just the rear. People say its a must if you are carrying any large amount of weight around. How much do those salter's weight that you guy have?? The prices, well it depends on what your looking for, what kinda of truck do you have?? You can just put your truck info into the site and see what they are going for. Here is the link : http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.com/search/search.asp?keywords=supersprings

Also they have all the installation instructions up on their site with very nice pictures. The rears are very easy to put in. http://supersprings.com/installation.asp

8. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

[​IMG]

i know I put this in the other thread, but i wanted 06HD_BOSS to see it.

9. 06HD BOSS

What you saying.........my truck sags? or do you know that i overload it :cool:

10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Does your truck have the snow plow prep package, I believe them come on gm's with the package, at least mine did

11. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

06HD BOSS, I just had a feeling you overload it. Haha. We have sold a bunch of these and people always call back to tell that they can't believe that they even drove their trucks without them. I would love to know if this would help you guys out. Another thing that I like about the leaf spring support is that, when your driving without a heavy load the truck is normal, these only kick in when the truck is loaded with alot of weight.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Unfortunately none of these great new products are going to help the front end of an IFS 4WD 3/4 or 1 ton GM...since there are no coils to replace.

13. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

This is true, but at least you can get the one for the leaf spring.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I run a set of air bag/over shocks on the front..........badass. They are a Bilstein shock with a GoodYear bag and stainless housing wrapped around them. My truck doesn't move when I lift my V-plow. I'll post pics to those interested. I considered becoming a dealer for them actually.