1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DJ Contracting, Oct 5, 2008.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

So i picked up a set (rear) of Timbrens for the rear of my 99" NBS truck because the rear sagged so much when ever i loaded or pulled my 16" cargo w/lawn equipment What a difference they made I have them on the front of both plow trucks but this is the first time i installed them on the rear of a truck, anyway they cost me $133.00 and it only took me 30 min. to install and that was laying on my back using hand tools (it was 11:30 last night and i didn't want to turn on my air compressor)

2. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i have to get a set for my plow truck, the truck doesnt sag that much in the frt but the ones on there are old and have gotten alot of abuse.

3. DJ Contracting

I wish that i would have taken before pictures no sence in taking after pics now.

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

It ok we know it sag so bad like my 79 F150 haul 2,800 pound of scrap with broke leaf spring on right side.

Let us know how it improve ride no more bounce when it overload?

DO they make for front axle? No I am curious because I see lot Ford, Chevy, Dodge have those V plow and it sag so bad.

5. DJ Contracting

When there is no weight in the truck the gap between the Timbren spring helper is 3/4 of an inch away from the bump plate on the rear end as compared to 1 3/4 inchs with the old bump stops so when i hit a bump or dip on the road i can feel the new Timbrens bounce which gives it a little stiffer ride.

Yes they make them for the front also i have them on the front of both of my plow trucks.

6. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

cool that look great for me haul scrap and woods with 89 F150.

Do you have one for 79 F150? Just want know.

8. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

Yes we do. We have the rear leaf spring add on. It says that its good from 79-09. Here is a copy of the installation instruction, its kinda small but if you hold control and click on it you will zoom in.