1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JOHNCTC1, Dec 10, 2006.

JOHNCTC1 Junior Member

I just got me a cheap beater plow truck....86 F150 came with a curtis sno-pro 3000 blade on a sno-pro2000 mount. So far I have not any problems with it. I know it's not a heavy duty truck. Is there anyting I can do to make it last for maybe 2 years.. I have a 06 nissan titan with big balls on it......and dont want to use it...any suggestion would be helpful!!!! thanks

JOHNCTC1 Junior Member

snow shoes

Also should I use my snow shoes on the blade?
  3. Alta Lawn Care

Alta Lawn Care Junior Member
    from vermont

I've got a Dodge 1500 with a 7'7" Snow-way on it. I had Timbrens put on because from what I've read they are a necessity. I had them put on the back too and now with my landscaping trailer the back end doesn't bounce nearly as much.

Initially, the installer forgot to tighten up the torsion bars. When I had that done, the front end didn't sag nearly as much. Adding 400-500 lbs in the back behind the wheels made a big difference as well. It rides pretty tight now.

If your truck already is set up with a plow, I would try it out as is, throw some weight in the back and see if you can get away without the Timbrens. Good luck!