1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by MnM, Oct 18, 2006.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

any one know of the cheapest place to get a set of front timbrens for a 2005 Ram 2500??

2. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Action Truck Caps

Hey, not sure where you're too, but I bought mine for my 04 F150 at Action Truck Caps & Accessories for around 180 bucks, here in Newfoundland, Canada.

http://www.actiontrucks.com

Hope this helps. They did wonders for my truck, now it only drops a 1/4" when I raise the plow, only thing is, made my truck ride a little rougher.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

http://www.stengelbros.com is where I've got mine for the last 2 trucks. Fast service. I received them within 2 days of my order.

4. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

not trying to thread hijack, but will timbrens on a 2500 CTD raise the front end (w/o plow) and level out the truck, or do you still need some spacers?

I'm thinking of getting timbrens, but my truck sits about 2"+ lower in front than the back. This seems to give me poor traction among other things.

I would like to even out the truck aswell as stiffen the front end so my truck doesn't squat when I lift the plow.

Are timbrens enough, or will you need the spacers to lift the truck back up?

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Click on the Timbren/Albany Spring logo at the top. They are a sponsor here and have pretty good deals, plus they are great to work with. I got mine from them last year and they treat a customer right. Give them a try.

Buck

6. wls

wls Senior Member

7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

They seemed to raise the front end on my 3500 a little. Im not sure if it sits level now or a little higher.

8. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Bought mine from a company called BSAOhio on ebay for around $154. Fast shipping, helpful on the phone.

9. lesseik

lesseik Junior Member
    from midwest

United Truck Body 218/729-6000 sells them for around 160. Don't know what shipping would be?

10. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I buy a lot of stuff from www.awdirect.com Fast shipping and great customer service.

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  12. topdog

topdog Member
    from indiana

not to sound dumb, but does a 2500 dodge need timbs on it? i have a 2500 94 chevy and dealer said last year they usually don't need timbs on anything other than 1/2 ton trucks. reason i am asking this year i purchased an 01 dodge 2500 and getting a plow put on in about 2 weeks. oh i am also running 8ft western ultra mount pros series w/wings. gonna get a second one. i really like that plow, and i like that i can pull right up with either truck and lock on to either plow and go.

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Why not support a Plowsite sponsor above....^^^^^^ ;) ;)

14. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i dont use timbrens on the front i put 2"leveling kit(spacer ) on the front

john

15. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

I have a 2500, hd, gasser, and I use timbrens( front and back)
    and I up-fitted the front with springs for a 3500 diesel..

16. Up North

Up North Senior Member

And I can attest...she rides stiff! Need a mouthpiece when plowing with that beast.:dizzy::D

Buck

17. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

LOL It is a nice ride!!
    With the plow on and 1k in the box, then she rides like a 1500 chev.:waving:

18. Up North

Up North Senior Member

See? Why go through all that trouble just to get your truck to ride like mine? Should have just got yourself a 1500 to begin with...:p :D

Buck

19. lesseik

lesseik Junior Member
    from midwest

truck full of money

Well they sure treat us fair, Got the Boss $900. cheaper than any where else for any other brand. They must see you coming with your truck full of money! LOL :redbounce

20. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

LOL..... I'll have to drive the old truck next time
    and get a homeless guy to run in and buy for me......:waving: