1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by wls, Feb 15, 2005.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a 02 F-250, with the front timbrens, for the summer do you guys leave them in or take them out. Reason I ask is that I ride on the timbens when the plow is off, just wondering, easy to take off.
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have the X springs on your truck? I drove on my timbrens for one summer and then put in new leaf springs. I did not like the timbrens contacting the axle all the time. Instead of the springs and shocks absorbing impact a lot gets transferred to the frame. I guess it all depends how much they are contacting the axle. If they are just barely contacting I'd leave them in. If they are really bulged then I'd take them off. If you don't have X springs on your truck, which is front spring code "X" on your door sticker I'd definitely get them. Just saw you have the 810. That is why the timbrens, huh?
  3. wls

wls Senior Member

mine is the 5200 lb front, with the 810, you need them. They are alittle more then slightly, but not bulging, you can tell your riding somewhat on them.

I have a Ford F350 Diesel with a Blizzard 810 my truck has the 5200lb front axles. I have added a front leaf spring to the truck now it sit level front to rear. I also have timbrens on front and rear. I leave the timbrens and leaf springs year round on my truck it rides fine and has no problems. Thats just my opinion though.
  5. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

I have timbrens on the front of my f-250 and I leave them on all year long.