1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gearhead, Dec 9, 2004.

1. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

has any one tried Monroe's version of the timbrens? and if so how do you like them?
    thanks in advance for your replies.

2. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

anyone but not all at once!

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I didn't even know Monroe had anything like the Timbrens. I've been trying to get some Timbrens but I'd interested in seeing what they say about the Monroe's.

Buck

4. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I ordered my timbrens from www.bsaohio.com. They were $144 delivered. I can't say anything about Monroes, but I can say I love the way my timbrens work for my truck. It sags about 1/2 inch with the plow all the way up. Well worth the money. Breck :waving:

5. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

I can get the monroe's for less than $100

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

gearhead, I checked out Monroe's website and I didn't see anything like the Timbrens. Can you describe them or let me which item your looking at? Thanks!

Pretty good price on the Timbrens Breck75, if my other guy doesn't get back to me soon and the Monroe's don't look so hot I may order thru your dealer.

Buck

7. all seasons

all seasons Member

got mine through awdirect.com both front and rear,makes my f250 hd feel like a caddy with the plow and sander on, minimal sagging, smooth ride.

8. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

picture on the box looks just like the timbren and mounts just like the timbren.
    I guess I will just get them and let you know. by the way the place were I got my plow sells these.

9. snooker

snooker Member
    from Zone 7

gearhead, where did you get those?

Please post a link to a website so that we can check them out. Thanks.

10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I just called the tech support phone # listed on the Monroe website and they said they don't manufacturer anything like the Timbrens. Gearhead, are you sure it says "Monroe" on the box?

Buck

11. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

yes it said monroe, I am going to pick them up tonight or in the morning so I will take a picture of the box and post it tomarrow

the place that I got them is local and they don't have a web site

12. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

I called Monroe also.. they told me its been 3 years since they made them..

13. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

well I picked them up sat. pm. they must be made FOR monroe, they look like there made by someone else and had a monroe sticker on the box.

14. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Maybe Timbren made them for Monroe. What truck are you putting them on and did your dealer have anymore? I'd be putting them on a 1/2 ton 2000 Silverado.

Buck

15. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

I think the box said "muscal" or somthing like that. I put them on a 2003 chevy 2500hd.
    ended up at $100 plus tax

16. proshare

proshare Member

17. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

My local Fisher Plow dealer has timbrens right at the shop. I wouldn't buy them though. My truck doesn't go down much at all... maybe a centimeter.