1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dcon, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Dcon

Dcon Junior Member

Once Again, With A Question About My Brothers 04 Chevy Hd Gas, And May I Add That He Really Needs To Register With This Site Because I'm The Middle Man!!! Anyways, With His V-plow Boss When He Raises It The Front End Saggs Too Much. He Has Already Adjusted His Torsion Bars, So My Question Is....will Timbrens Help???

2. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Yes. They would definitely help. Installed them on my Jeep and they work great. Worth every penny.

3. Wantabe

Wantabe Junior Member

I have my torsion bars turned up three complete turns and have Timbrens on and my truck drops down one and a half inches when I lift the plow up, 2004 GMC 2500HD Boss 8ft Poly-V

4. Slowryde

Slowryde Junior Member

Chevy's/ GMC's

I have heard and seen this problem on many occasions. I was told that chevy's have weak frames, anyone else heard of this? We installed a Boss V-plow on a 04 Chevy 2500 HD. When the blade lifted off the ground you could see the cab move from the bed. There was an obvious bigger gap. Although my Chevy buddies NEVER admit to this or try to avoid the question ! Also noticed this when just a heavy load was put in the bed of the same truck.
    Has anybody else noticed,heard, or seen this? I personally believe in solid front axles as far as the front goes. They have proven to hold up much better in all conditions. 1 guy that plows for us put air bags in the front of his chevy HD and he says it seems to help.

5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

For the weight of a v plow I would suggest 5 turns on the "bars"

As far as week frames, I had my 89 put on a frame rack a year ago after a collision. 10+ years of plowing, 1 Fisher in the dump from getting twisted up and the frame checked out perfect. By the way your cab is mounted on bushing and will move some(otherwise you would be screaming about a rough ride).....

6. Slowryde

Slowryde Junior Member

WOW sounds like you really put that truck through the test!
    I was referring to the newer models though.

7. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I knew a guy that used to haul/delivery new chevy trucks when the OBS came out in 88 and he told me that you had to be a lot more carefull with a 88 1/2ton than the 87 on back because it was a lot easier to warp the frame strapping them to the trailer. GM started varing the frames with the OBS truck with 1/2's getting the thinnest rails and the 1 tons getting the thickest.

8. GPB

GPB Member

I have the timbrens on my 02 Chevy and they work great. My 8 1/2' Western will drop my front end less than an inch when I raise it.