1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wakesetter2001, Oct 23, 2004.

1. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

I had a post going about installing timbrens on a 4" lifted GMC 1500 and if anyone has done this before or if anyone had any pointers. For some reason I can not find the post now. Anyway I have them installed we machined a 4" extension that bolts straight to the bracket that comes with the timbren spring then drilled out the threads on the rubber spring and put a 7/16 bolt through the bottom of the spring up into the machined extension. (I think the warranty is probably no good anymore HAHA) anyway it is a very clean install. The rubber springs do rest on the A-arm with all the weight off of the front end. This didn't effect the ride in anyway and I had the truck realigned and everything aligned perfect. My question is how much sag should I be getting? When I put the plow on (7'6" Boss V) I am still getting a lot of sag. I don't have any weight in the truck bed. Would this really help much? I have not had a chance to measure how much drop I am actually getting but I will try to do that. I also do not know how much sag I got with out the timbrens but just looking at it and comparing to what I remember from last year it sure seem like the timbrens are not doing much. Any ideas or input would be great since this morning there was a hint of the white stuff on the ground.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

3. mole

mole Senior Member

remember your using a 1500 which is a lighter truck. you will get a lot of sag. i remember this when i was using a 1500 dodge ram. when i switched to a ford f 250 i could see and feel the difference in the front end with a heavier truck just my 2 cents