1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbren's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by truszip, Jan 13, 2004.

1. truszip

truszip Junior Member

I was looking at my truck with the plow on it today, it's a F350 PSD and with the plow up it could use a set of timbren's up front. Anyway; while I'm looking at what would be involved in replacing the existing rubber stops for timbren's I wondered why you couldn't just extend the existing rubbers up to the axle, basically making your own timbren's. Be easy enough - get a block of steel the width and lenght that would be needed, drill some holes, buy some hardened bolts and nuts and your done. I can't see why it wouldn't work, the weight would only be on the rubbers when the plow was up. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

if you did that you would have not suspension travel. It would make your truck ride alot worse.

3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

The timbrens are like springs as well, the way they are designed. I also don't think the factory bumpstops would hold up near as long.

4. DJL

DJL Senior Member

I'm no mechanic, but I think the timbrens have some play when you hit that hard bump at 40-50 MPH. Imagine having a hard object on your axle and having no play while your plow is bouncing up and down. Something has to give and I wouldn't want to find out what it was.

For me the $169 I spent on them is well worth the time and money it took for me to install them. Just my opinion.

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Talk to Big Nate, he'll hook you up with a set of timbrens.:waving: