1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fisher_ma, Oct 31, 2013.

1. fisher_ma

fisher_ma Junior Member
    from SE Mass

I have been looking at a set of Timbren's for my 2011 1500 with a Fisher HT. Do they really make a big difference or are they a waste of money?

2. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

buddy of mine just bought em for his 06 2500hd. i think they would be by the way theyre set up, dont allow the front end to squat as much id assume. when he gets his in ill snap a picture of the truck, before and after.

3. ddobson

ddobson Junior Member
    from pa

I have a set on my truck. They keep the front end from sagging under the full weight of the plow. No problems with them, but they do slightly stiffen the ride in the summer months.

4. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

They are great.

5. MNPLOWCO

MNPLOWCO Senior Member

Yep! Get'm. I had a 1500hd 2003..needed them but didn't get them. Had a 2500hd 2008..needed them but didn't get them. Now have a 2500hd 2013 Got'm!! Hug difference in stance. Makes attack angle of the plow to where is should be. Now I can push over curbs when I used to hit them with the plow mounts. I gave my torsion bars 2 turns as well, but you may not have to do that to yours. Mine was due to weight of the new
    Fisher XLS which is pretty heavy.

6. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I have them in a GMC 3500 DRW year round, In my daily drver Silverado 1500 I run them in the winter and switch back to factory bump stops in the spring, summer and fall to get back to that nice smooth GM ride.

7. starspangled6.0

starspangled6.0 Senior Member

Got them in our trucks. Well worth it!

8. bigmackmiller

bigmackmiller Member

Made a huge difference on my 01'

9. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Yep. Get them. My 2000 2500 moves maybe 1/4 inch with them. Without them I thought the tires were gonna rub the fender. Big difference and improvement. Well worth it.

10. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

Have them on my duramax, much better than my dads with our

11. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I think they are worth it I had a set on my old '97 chevy 3/4 ton with the diesel never had to play with the T
    bars

12. Luke S.

Luke S. Junior Member
    from st.paul

They're well worth it, get 'em!

13. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I've got them in both the trucks. They're a frame saver.

14. trevier

trevier Senior Member

are these hard to install? I need something to help with the sag in my front end of my 07 1500. I couldn't find anything on youtube that would assist me either,

15. upplowin

upplowin Member
    from UP/MI

Well after reading all these posts, I'm sold, I'm going to get some!!!

16. starspangled6.0

starspangled6.0 Senior Member

They're insanely easy. Locate the bump stops on your truck, find the appropriate wrench or socket, take the bump stops off, and install the Timbrens. That's it.

17. trevier

trevier Senior Member

do you have to take the tire's off in order to do this?

18. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

It may allow better access to the bump stop. If your bump stops are press in and not bolt on, you'll need a good jack stand, and a floor jack that can go high enough to compress the lower control arm.

19. trevier

trevier Senior Member

uhm, I have a 2007 chevy 1500 classic model. I put these on my old f250, easy as pie, certainly stiffened up my ride, but hey it was a 250 so it was laready stiff to begin with.

20. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Go crawl under you truck and look. If you can't handle taking a tire on an off and it's your hang-up, you probably shouldn't be in this business.