1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Gare, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Gare

Gare Junior Member

have a 2003 2500hd ext. cab with snow plow package.. just purchased an 8.5' western mvp plow for it. with the plow on, the front end drops dramatically. Ordered timbrens and plan on about 1,000 ballast. My questions are:

are Timbrens fairly easy to install, anyone have pics?

and, given the Timbrens and the ballast, should this be all I have to do?

Gare

2. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Not sure what u mean by ballast? U should be fine with the Timbrens. They're easy to install as long as u have a lift to put the truck up in the air. If not, I would let the local shop do it for u. It only took me 30 minutes to install mine.

3. Gare

Gare Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, by ballast, I mean weight in the rear of the truck, about 1,000 lbs?

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That'll work :salute:

5. Snown13

Snown13 Junior Member

I have sumo springs (similar to timbrens) in the front and timbrens in the back. I installed both using a good floor jack. They are really simple to install. Ballast is always a good choice as it evens the truck weight out and improves traction. I personally would have timbrens in the back too when using ballast weight.

6. Gare

Gare Junior Member

Great! Thanks to all for the advice. I just got the Timbrens delivered today. Might install them tonight when I get home. Wish it would snow now, lol.

7. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Now we know who to blame if it doesn't snow!