1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sprintlawncare, Nov 23, 2003.

1. sprintlawncare

sprintlawncare Junior Member

i have a set of timbrens but haven't installed them yet. i have a chevy 2002 z71 1500 and i need to know the procedure in taking off the old bumpers. hopefully someone can help me on this. there is a cup the old ones are in. how does that come off or does it. i just don't want to mess anything up. thanks for the help.
  2. Gadget

Gadget Junior Member

Just pry the old bump stops out - leave the metal 'cup'. The lip on the Timbren fits in that metal retainer assembly. There are four (4) tabs in that 'cup' that hold the Timbren in. Insert the top first, aligning the metal wedge with the angle of the control arm - then twist and push. The first one takes a bit longer that the other due to technique - good luck
  3. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

you also have to jack up the truck to releive the tention on the bump stops take off the tire as it is easier to get at it i just did mine today on this truck it took 15-25min a timbren not bad took out a heap load of sag