1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Snow Commandor, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Should I add Timbrens to my 99 Dodge 2500 to handle my 8" Fisher? Has anyone used them on their truck?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have used them on many trucks including a number of Dodges and recommend them highly for you application.

3. icedawg17

icedawg17 Junior Member

just had them installed on my 2011 2500hd 2day... took 15 mins to do

4. icedawg17

icedawg17 Junior Member

its a dodge, im puttin western 8.5 v on it

5. Goldendog

Goldendog Junior Member
    from Alaska

There are worth every penny. I'm putting them on every truck I own now. I couldn't believe the difference it made to my 95 Dodge Ram 2500 when I put the plow on.Thumbs Up

6. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

I like them, have them on both my 3/4 tons.

7. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

Do they make the ride even stiffer? or is it not noticable

8. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

I didn't really notice any difference in the ride, but the ride is pretty damn stiff anyway, L

9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Keep in mind that Timbrens are nothing more than larger bumpstops. They don't increase your load carrying capacity in an way.

10. Goldendog

Goldendog Junior Member
    from Alaska

Timbren advertises that they protect against affects of overloading. Which I'm pretty sure most of us that use trucks for work do. I'm still going to add heavier springs and shocks over time. But I still wouldn't plow without Timbrens on.

11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

they increase the level load capacity but not the load capacity - no gvwr or gawr increases.

Made a huge difference in mine for carrying the plow and drivability with it on- no more 15mph down my bumpy road to keep from bottoming the suspension out.