1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Diesel_brad, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

Has anyone used a set of front timbrens to offset the added weight of a plow? I am looking at a set for my 04 ranger. I modded a unimount to fit and a lil concerned about the added weight

2. LB1234

LB1234 Member

in all three of my previous GM trucks I utilized timbrens and they helped greatly. I highly recommend them. Best part, they were simple to install. Take one bolt on and bolt the timbren in...as simple as it gets. what will also help a lot is good ballast in the rear of the truck. I built my own salt box out of an old pallet (basically added sides and a lid) for my bagged salt and sand and place about 1-1.2k pounds in the rear of the pickup and that helps immensely (well, on the GMs it did). My new F350 diesel doesn't seem to need timbrens, it doesn't bottom out nearly as bad as my GMs did

3. Diesel_brad

thanks. the GM s use a torsion bar just like my rangers does so this is an apple to apple comparison just macintoch to grannys:D

4. Justin_ws6

Justin_ws6 Junior Member
    from Mass

i bought a plow for my 2009 f150 a couple months ago and put timbrens on it 2 weeks ago, i plowed with it monday night and was very happy with the plow and the timbrens, they hold the weight very well. only thing i could tell is they do affect the ride a little bit when the plow is off the truck. but i would definitly recommend timbrens for your truck

5. Diesel_brad

thanks. Now i just need to try and find a cheap set. They are $195:realmad:

6. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

timbrens are awsome!