1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens vs Truckstar

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ohio snowdog, Nov 23, 2012.

1. ohio snowdog

ohio snowdog Junior Member

Planning to equip my 2004 chevy 2500hd with a new v plow this year and was planning on running timbrens in the front. Today doing some searching on the web I saw Truckstar is selling bumpers that look equivelent to the timbrens for half the price. Just wondered if anyone has used these yet and how they compared to the timbrens
  2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I have them on a 05 and 09 chev 2500hd. The one set is 3yrs old and still look/work good.
  3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Link to truckstar? I looked and didn't find them
  4. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

i had trouble too, type in Truckstar Suspension kits, and they should come up for you....but I couldn't find, if you could get them for a pre 2000 truck, I would like to get some for my 99 gmc, and I believe they would be different..
  5. djagusch

from mn

Northern tools website. Search truckstar and you will find. I just ordered a set for a truck I picked up.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the Timbrens are a better product, though the truckstars do work.
  7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I agree.

The Truckstars are the same as the ones from Buyers. I have a set of the Buyers ones in one of my Chevys... Nothing wrong with them, but Timbrens are lifetime warranty. I've had a couple sets of Timbrens fail after 7 or 8 years of hard plowing use, and they warrantied them with absolutely no questions asked. Something to consider in my opinion.
  8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Same here. I call them up and send a couple of pics and new ones in a week or so.
  9. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I run Airrides Air cells on my 06' 3500.About $40 to $50 less than Timbrens and they've been trouble free and still are completely intact after 4 years of my heavy Boss 9-2 Vplow and app. 80K miles.They also have a no mileage lifetime guarantee.I also run their air springs in the rear,also great.

Air Cell™ is a low cost, maintenance-free microcellular urethane spring designed to reduce vehicle squat and enhance ride comfort. AirCell™’s closed-cell urethane foam provides a cushion of air that protects vehicles with heavy loads from rough bumps and squat. Air Cell is more durable than rubber suspension load support and also provides a more comfortable ride by eliminating the harsh jarring sometimes experienced with rubber bumpers when driving on rough roads. Economically priced and completely maintenance-free, AirCell™ suspension boosters give you a comfortable, safe ride. No inflation required; just install it and forget it!

Easy to install bolt-on brackets (no air lines or fittings)
    Customized rear and front end kits
    Rugged, long-lasting
  10. djagusch

from mn

You can buy 2 truckstars for the price of 1 timbren. Should offset any warranty issues. I would also say people keeping plow trucks for 5 plus yrs is less comon today. Not the case for me but is the trend with the majority.