1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens vs the other brands of SES products

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sledrider2005, Oct 11, 2011.

1. sledrider2005

sledrider2005 Member

Ive been thinking about putting timbrens on my 03 chevy 2500 hd . Im not sure what brand to use . I saw northern has a set for 100 bucks are they as good or do you get what you pay for . An help would be nice thanks

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I have a set on my 09 Chev and buying another for my 05 Chev. I have not had any issues (they are still there and seem to work).

3. 2500HDVXT

2500HDVXT Junior Member
    from mn

i put the buyers version in from northern tool same as timbrens worked great on my 01 chevy had a 9.2 boss on it four cranks on the torsions and she only dropped 3/4 of an inch. gonna put them in my 07 nice to save the money on a great product buy them you wont be dissapointed

4. slicksierra

slicksierra Junior Member

i just looked at the buyers versions it said this...
    Pickups 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton
    • GM 1500 Sierra, Silverado, Denali (excl. 4 door-4WD)
    1999 – 06 2WD

doesn't seem to make sense, basically im asking if these will work on my 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 regular cab long bed?

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I think those are the same ones you can get from S.A.M. I priced a set through my local NAPA and they called to find out they don't make them from 4WD. Doesn't make much sense to me either. The only ones I have found for the front are timbrens. I just bought a set for my Yukon this past Thursday. Looks like an easy install.

6. slicksierra

slicksierra Junior Member

:gunsfiring: thats really stupid why make them for 2wd but not 4x4. These would have been a good deal if they worked Timbrens are pretty big bucks atleast for a college student. Timbrens is like next semesters books.