1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens vs Ride Rite Air springs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FFMedic, Dec 31, 2003.

1. FFMedic

FFMedic Junior Member

I'm new to this site and figure I can get some good info from all of your experience.

I have a 2003 F250 6.0LPSD Auto SC Short bed 4x4 that I will be adding a plow to in the near future and have heard good things about both Timbrens and the Ride Rite air spring system. My front springs are "v" springs rated at 5200#. Putting cost aside which would be a better investment. This is my daily driver so I'm leaning towards the air system (inflate with plow & deflate the other 9 months). I will be plowing mostly driveways and small parking lots. Am I overlooking anything between these two upgrades?

Any and all help is appreciated!

2. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

If you want info than you came to the right place. I am new as well and I read just about everything I can on this sit. A couple of week ago someone suggested Timbrens for my truck. Best thing I ever did. I really don't know much about the Air Spring but you will get a reply soon from someone that know more than me. Buy the way. Welcome to the site.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im surprise you would need anything i have 03 f350 crew cab short box with a 8ft western pro plow i use 1000lbs of ballast no front end sag and yes i have psd in there

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

used Timbrens on my 03 250/V-10, rides alittle bumpier with plow off, but the things took me about 25 minutes to install, I figured when I put my summer time custom wheels and tires back on I might just put the stock bump stops back on. You may want to consider this.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the site !! :)

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

You should not need any thing on your truck. Stock should handle it. I run a blizzard 810 and only turn up torsion bars 5 turns.