1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens Up Front

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BillM2, Nov 23, 2010.

1. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

I have a '94 F150 5.0 4X4 shortbox truck. I am preparing to mount a Minute Mount One series with a RD 7.6 plow that weighs around 700 lbs. Will I need to install some additional support up front like Timbrens or some such thing? The truck now rides up pretty tall and I don't intend on driving around much with the plow attached. What do you think?

:salute:

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

yes...also put some weight in the bed of the truck for ballast

3. C&C Services

C&C Services Member

I Have A 93 F 150 With Ext Cab I Added Timbrens To The Front$ 185.00 Also Added Heavy Duty Coil Springs 160.00 I Added 8 Ft Fisher Minute Mount No Problems At All Trucks Rides Smooth With Plow Also With Out
    No Need For Ballast.

4. jmainel1

jmainel1 Junior Member

I put them on my 2008 Ford F350 Diesel. They seem to be OK, wouldn't use them again. I guess I was spoiled with my AirLift system on my 2004 F350 and it was awesome. But no air kit for my F350 was available. In the 2004 I had airlines run to the grill and when I added the plow, just pumped in about 50#, when I took the plow off, left it at 20#, truck road like a dream. I would recommend an airkit over the timbrens. Install on the '08 was a pain, good thing my cousin owns a full service shop...had to grind and weld bolts to the plates, the supplied bolts didn't fit in the Ford frame. Truck still bottoms out on bolts that hold Timbrens to the upper plate.

Happy turkey day ALL...