1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim C, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

my plow seemed to raise higher on my dodge than my chevy 2500hd 01. my plow service shop told me tibrens and a torsion adjustment will help the problem. is this true or is there some thing else i can do.

thanks for any suggestions Tim C :drinkup:

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Does the trucks front end sagg when the plow is raised? If not then there is no reason to put in Timbrens, try ajusting the chain, or whatever you have to change the height.

3. Tim C

Tim C Member

timbrens reply

I trie postiing yesterday but had trouble. I did adjust chain last season but what seems to happen is when I go over a bump the plow hits. so thats why I was told to go with timbrens and a torsion hight adjustment.

Tim C

4. SnowGuy73

The blade itself hits, or the mount/ A frame? If it the mount or A frame I'd go with a leveling kit that way you keep the factory ride but raise the front end 2".

5. SnowGuy73

The blade itself hits, or the mount/ A frame? If it the mount or A frame I'd go with the Timbrens, or a leveling kit that way you keep the factory ride but raise the front end 2", but im not sure if they make a leveling kit for a chev being that they have torsion bars.

6. Tim C

Tim C Member

Lift kit or Timbrens???

Basicly the plow does not raise as it did on my dodge. the dodge was higher off the ground than my chevy 2500hd 01. On the chevy it is raised front end is lower than rear. my qustion is lift kit or leveling kit a better choice than timbrens. Thnks again for feed back. truck goes in friday.

Tim C

7. jhook

jhook Senior Member

This is true. I had a 2001 GM HD and now have a 04 and an 05. Timbrens on all. Once I got my 01 I was quite dissapointed in how the plow hung. I shopped all over looking for answers. Turns out a set of Timbrens and a couple turns of the torsion bars solved my problems. Don't even remember what they cost me but just go out and get yourself a set. Easy to install as well. :drinkup:

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

what kind of plow? If its a western ultra its possible that the stack stop is still installed on the a-frame and that it may need to be re-configured to the proper setting.

9. Tim C

Tim C Member

Lift kit or Timbrens???

Thanks JHook for your suggestion. That is the way I will go. Truck goas in friday for everything for winter. I'll post thread when it gets back.

Thanks again for the replies Tim C :drinkup:

10. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

i searched but couldnt find it on here. I know the answer to my question is prolly on here about 500 times. anyway, where is a good place online to buy timbrens. I want to get a set for my 01 2500hd.

11. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

12. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Mark
    I just ordered a set for my truck from www.j-thomas.com they are a local company paid $ 155.00 with shipping. Very easy to install.

Reagrds Mike

13. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

thanks guys. j thomas it is.