1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

timbrens prices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by motorider000, Mar 6, 2005.

1. motorider000

motorider000 Senior Member

Hello, I am unfamiliar with timbrens. I have heard you guys talk about them and i have checked the website. I was wondering what the price (ballpark) for them would be on the front / rear.
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Right around $150.00 for each front and rear.

Regards Mike
  3. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

4. drplow

drplow Senior Member

i paid 200.00 installed for front ones in my 2002 gmc hd. it took the guy about 20 minutes to put them in. one bolt each side.
  5. motorider000

I am thinking about putting these on the rear of my sonoma zr2 to get me through with pulling the bobcat until I get my 3/4 tons (hopefully mid july). Do you think that this is a good investment.

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I just bought mine from truckspring.com. They were $143. before shipping. They give you a couple of options for shipping but you can get out for the $150.

I put them in myself and for the most part were easy but on my dodge I had a hard time getting them in passed the metal divets.

If you don't feel like messing with them yourself have someone put them in for you. One of the local vendors wanted 300. for them installed.

But I wish I would have placed them on in the beginning of the season. So if you have a thought of doing them just do it you will be happy you did.
  7. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

A bobcat skid steer or mower? If its a skidsteer...i seriously don't thikn your sonoma can handle that!
  8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I guess they'd help, but you might be better off with actual helper springs on that truck or even aribags. Hellwig makes helper springs.
  9. motorider000

Yes it is a John Deere 240 series II skid loader. I have towed it before and you HAVE to be careful. I just got my new trailer and it has brakes on both axles. I have looked at airbags and they are 300 installed. That is almost twice as much as timbrens and I hate to spend that kind of money on a truck that i am getting rid of soon. What do u guys think.

P.S. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY 3/4 TON!!!!
  10. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

That thing will only tow 5500lbs. How much does your trailer and s/s weigh? I would say you are WAY over your towing limit.
  11. motorider000

The loader weighs in at 6300lbs and the trailer weighs right around 2000 for a total of 8300 lbs.
  12. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

OMG! Just don't have a accident! Major fines for being over capacity!!!! :nono:

Oh well..u gotta do what u gotta do!
  13. motorider000

Yeah I know, Trust me i don;t like doing it.