1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens, or super spring in rear?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ACA L&L, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Ford 3/4 ton 4 door, 4x4 Diesel
    installing timbrens in front.

as for the rear im undecided or just plain dont know how to decide.

timbrens or the super spring.

both are installed easily. both are rated for over 5000 load leveling, most we ever have is a pallet of sod, ice melt, or load of gravel. all at least 2300 lbs, truck sags a bit and makes for a hard drive. so would you install timbrens or the super spring? looking for suggestions on which to install. thanks. truck is used in summer for landscaping
  2. Henry

Henry Member

I don't know about the super spring but I've lost a timbren from the rear of my f250 twice in the past year. The rubber comes right off the bracket.
  3. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

Call Timbren. Their products are guaranteed for life. I recently had a problem with my front Timbrens, I called, and less than a week later I got new ones in the mail.

To the OP, I have Timbrens in the rear and use my truck for carrying full pallets and towing a heavy trailer. I am very satisfied with the Timbrens although it does ride harsher when empty. I have no experience with the super spring.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i have a set of airlift loadlifter 5000 air bags in the back of my 2500HD. they work great. its always a smooth ride and fairly easy to install. you should look into those if you have not already checked them out
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

x2 on the airlift. I have them in my 3/4 ton for the last 3 years and it is the best ride. When the timbrens are loaded they help, but it is rough as well the supper springs make your rear end jump around more. With the airbags you can adjust the amount of air in them all year around and still be able to keep your ride feeling like factory. They are easy to install and when mine is loaded with 1 to 2 tons of salt the truck rides like a Cadillac. Plus they are all around the same price. I got mine at trucksprings.com. and the timbrens do break. I have broke 2 on the front of mine and they replaced them no problem. The timbrens are still great for the front end. Good Luck
  6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

looking hard the air lift system, wasnt sure how difficult they were to install, i was under the impression that the timbrens and the super spring were only activated once you load up the truck with a heavy load, otherwise they are basically just there. maybe i was looking at digram wrong, i like the air bags, just dont wanna botch the install up or get in over my head with the install. we typically tow a trailer daily, 6x14 dual axle with lawn equipment, occasionally a skid. this would be true for all the trucks. Ther all getting timbrens i the front, the rear is what were trying to figure out.
  7. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I lust got the air bags all around with the compressor, cab control and reserve tank. They are great and the ride is awesome. If you just want the rears, Firestone's ride rite has a set of "no-drill" ones that are pretty easy to install.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

my airlift were no drill as well and went in very easy. i just ordered a set of firestone level rite air over shock system for my front end to help with the plow. ill post pictures once they come in and i install them
  9. monacom9

monacom9 Member

I have super spring they are great but the ride is rough
    Dont get the timbrens they suck
    Iam getting airlift loadlifter 5000 next week
    and the summospings are too much money they are nice but go with air bags
  10. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

That heavy load is gonna affect the ride almost no matter what. My old work truck had supersprings and made the truck look empty. Riding around on "bumpstops" (timberns) is brutal, the supersprings are definitely better. Bags are the way to go if your constantly hauling that type of weight.