1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Timbrens or Springs

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mtfd774, Aug 21, 2006.

1. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

Heys Guys

I need a little help. I have a 2001 Dodge 2500 HD 8'MM1 . Would you replace the spings with a HD set or put in Timbrens. I had timbrens in my 1500 with a Meyer 7.5 and they worked pretty well , but the Fisher is a lot heavier and a buddy suggested HD springs instead
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Do you have the plow group? camper group?

I did both. springs and timbrens. Here is a link for the spring Q?http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=11316&highlight=springs

Timbrens are cheaper than the springs but not by much if you put timbrens front and back.

You know how the timbrens work. I suggest if you go this route to try them on the rear also.
    They help to get rid of the nose high lights to the sky, when your plowing. Then you pick up the plow and the lights point at the ground...
  3. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

Think i'm going with the timbrens again. Thanks for help